Spring 2013 Alaska State Land Offering.
BEFORE YOU BID
Before you place a bid, you must understand and agree to the following instructions and terms:
The bid application that you submit on-line is binding. For successful bidders, the down payment is non refundable should you decide to cancel the sale for any reason before purchase is finalized.
Please be aware that it may take four to six months for your contract or patent to be finalized after you are notified that you are the successful bidder.
DNR reserves the right to cancel a land sale at any time prior to the issuance of a contract, if necessary to protect the interests of the State of Alaska. In the event DNR cancels a land sale, bid deposits will be refunded.
All on-line bid applications must include:
- Completed bid form (submitted on-line); and a
- Bid deposit of not less than five percent (5%) of the bid amount (authorized on-line; only winning bids are processed on the day of the auction)
Veterans Preference Auction and Veterans Land Discount:
For specific information regarding the Veterans Preference Auction and Veterans Land Discount, please refer to the appropriate sections of the Auction brochure (paper or on-line version).
If you are a veteran and will be applying for a parcel in the Veterans
Preference Auction the following items must be received at the Anchorage
Public Information Office, ATTN: Veterans Preference Auction, 550
West 7th Avenue, Suite 1260, Anchorage, Alaska 99501-3557.
These items must be received by the application deadline:
- Copy of your form DD 214, report of Separation from Active Duty, or equivalent, showing the character of your discharge and length of service; and
- Proof of Alaska residency for one year immediately preceding the date of the auction.
If you are a veteran and will be applying for a Veterans Land Discount and you are the successful bidder, you will later be asked to submit the following documents:
- Completed Veteran Eligibility Application/Affidavit form;
- Copy of your form DD 214, report of Separation from Active Duty, or equivalent, showing the character of your discharge and length of service;
- Proof of Alaska residency for one year immediately preceding the date of the sale;
- If more than one applicant, a completed Waiver of Veterans Discount form (attached to the Veteran Eligibility Application/Affidavit).
Please obtain a copy of your DD 214 well in
advance of the auction to avoid delays.